- Almost Vegan Official Marinade-1/2 Cup
- Nori Seaweed sheet-1 (Cut into 1-2 inch strip)
- Perfectly cooked musubi rice- ½ cup
- Chiles-to taste (for me, the more the merrier)
- Song: Sweeter Then Honey by: Shar Carillo
- Weigh out your rice and then wash.
- Drain the rice and measure 1.2x grams of water (i.e. if you weighed 500 grams of rice measure out 500X1.2 (600g) for water.
- Soak the rice in clean, measured water in cooking pot for 5 minutes.
- Turn on stove and heat rice until boils.
- Turn heat to lowest setting and wait for water to be fully absorbed. (about 15-20 minutes)
- Once water is gone let the rice sit COVERED for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice and take out what you need for the musubi.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil and chopped chilis into the musubi rice.
- Form rice into blocks, either by hand or with a musubi press.
- Debone chicken thighs (if needed) then marinate chicken overnight. (8-12 hours)
- Start cooking the rice and turn on the grill or get that cast iron hot.
- Wipe off any excess marinade from the chicken then place skin side down onto cooking surface.
- 4 minutes later, turn that chicken over and finish cooking and repeat with the rest of the chicken. (re-turn to prevent burning if needed).
- While chicken is cooking, dice up the chiles
- Once rice is done take out needed amount and mix with a small amount of coconut oil and add chiles.
- Cut chicken into desired shape for the musubi
- Form rice, then add chicken and wrap the musubi using the seaweed strip.
- Wrap in plastic wrap for later munchies or enjoy right away the glory that is the Musubi.
*when forming a musubi it is best to use a musubi press. But if need be you can form it with your hands. Make sure your hands stay slightly wet when handling the rice to help prevent the rice from sticking. *What the hell is a musubi press? Click the link below… https://www.amazon.com/s?k=musubi+press&ref=nb_sb_noss_2